Don’t get us wrong – we love working virtually, but our upcoming trip to speak at the IVAA (International Virtual Assistants Association) Live Summit this month reaffirms the importance (and fun) of getting some face time with colleagues, clients and new contacts in the business.
This year’s Summit is in fabulous Las Vegas Nevada. Of course we’re looking forward to a great keynote and workshops but we encourage everyone to find time to enjoy this lively city as well.
Here’s our Fab Five things you MUST do in Las Vegas:
- The fountains at the Bellagio – water show set to beautiful music
- Get your picture taken with one of the many street performers and buskers along the strip. You’ll see Transformers, showgirls, super heroes and – of course – Elvis.
- People watch. Find a good spot to sit back and enjoy the crowd. Try to get a table on the terrace of Mon Ami Gabi at the Paris hotel. You can enjoy a glass of wine and the Bellagio fountains across the street while you watch the world go by.
- FOOD! Las Vegas is famous for its buffets but there is so much more. The choices are completely overwhelming.
- Get your cardio. Bring some comfortable shoes and walk the strip. The hotels are attractions in themselves. Wander the forum shops at Caesar’s Palace, stroll under the Eiffel Tower at Paris or along a canal at the Venetian. Even if you don’t gamble (like us), these hotels and the Las Vegas strip are full of so many sights and sounds you will have walked miles without even realizing it!
Never underestimate the importance of making time for live events. Not only can you connect with so many great professionals, it’s a chance to meet-for-real some of the leaders in our industry or get together face-to-face with your virtual team. It’s also an invaluable opportunity to talk about our business to people who are not familiar with project management – it’s a great skill that everyone can benefit from and we can’t keep good news like that to ourselves!
There’s nothing like the thrill of a live event – here’s more about IVAA’s Live Summit: http://live.ivaa.org/